Ok, so they might not be the simplest ever. But I can promise you that they are quite possibly the tastiest ever. That is if you like fish, and tacos. This time of year I am always craving things that are light! But let’s be honest, I absolutely love mexican food, which is traditionally a little heavy. So this combination has become one of our all time favorites! Plus, it’s quick & easy to make.
* Creamy Chipotle Cabbage *
- ½ head of red cabbage | chopped
- bundle of cilantro
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp mayo
- ½ tbsp honey
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce | chopped
- 1 lime | squeezed
- Chop 1/2 head of red cabbage and place in a bowl.
- Chop bundle of cilantro and add to cabbage.
- Chop 1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce and add to bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of cumin, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tbsp mayo & 1/2 tbsp honey, stir well.
- Squeeze 1 full time to cabbage.
* Guacamole *
- red onion
- salt & pepper
- Cut avocados in half and scoop out inside.
- With a fork smash avocados.
- Chop desired amount of red onion & cilantro.
- Squeeze lime into guac.
- Stir together and add salt & pepper to taste.
* Fish Tacos *
- light white fish | we used tilapia
- corn tortillas
- To make this recipe super easy I just baked the tilapia for 15 minutes at 350°F.
- Warm the corn tortilla with a wet paper towel by wrapping them in the paper towel and heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Layer the tortilla with guacamole, fish & top with the creamy chipotle cabbage.
- Serve the fish taco with a line to squeeze on top.