Grilling season is here! We are super excited in our house because for the first time in our life we have a backyard of our own with a brand new grill to cook on. M has pretty much become the grill master in our house...and I'll totally take that. It's fun being able to bounce recipe ideas off him. This week we've used this super rad cooking set from the Cooking Gift Set Co. The set allows you to infuse your meats, chicken, fish and veggies with smoked flavoring! How A M A Z I N G, let me tell you. Plus, the set itself comes so perfectly packaged I had to feature it on the father's day gift guide too!
- 1 cooking gift set co. cherry wood chips
- 4 4 oz salmon
- 8 rosemary sprigs
- 4 tbsp olive oil | divided
- 4 cloves garlic | chopped
- 2 tbsp thyme | chopped
- 12 petite potatoes
- 1 summer squash | cubed
- 1 zucchini | cubed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- cooking gift set co. smoked sea salt to taste
- Preheat your grill to 500°F & place Cooking Gift Set Co. Stainless Steel Smoker Box with the entire Cherry Wood Chips bag inside of it.
- Let the Cherry Wood Chips begin to smoke. This process should take anywhere from 25-30 minutes. You just want to make sure the chips are really smoking before you start to cook anything. That way you really get the cherry smoked infused flavors.
- Meanwhile use 1 tbsp of olive oil, 2 cloves of chopped & 1 tbsp of chopped thyme and coat your petite potatoes. I like to use foil to cook the potatoes on the grill. But make sure to keep the foil open to allow the smoke to seep in!
- Grill potatoes for 30-40 minutes.
- Take the salmon and use 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil and brush them to help prevent them from sticking to your grill. Top salmon with 2 sprigs of rosemary per piece of salmon.
- Cook salmon for about 5-6 minutes per side.
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil to sauté pan & heat over medium high heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add 2 cloves of chopped garlic to fragrant about 30 seconds.
- Add summer squash & zucchini for about 3-5 minutes.
- Now add cherry tomatoes and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp thyme over summer vegetables.
- Serve with cooking gift set co. smoked sea salt to taste