This granola is about to change your life! I can't seem to keep this granola around in my house...probably because it's the perfect mix of salty and sweet. I love how it holds together in clusters, which makes it great for snacking. Or you can break the granola into smaller pieces to put on top your yogurt!
- 5 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- 2 cups ground almonds (or whole or sliced)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tbsp sea salt
- 1 cups raisins
- Preheat over to 300°F.
- Measure out 1 ½ cups of whole almonds to ground in the food processor. If you don’t have a little one feel free to skip this step and add your almonds to the mix whole.
- In a large bowl combine ½ cup olive oil, ¾ cups honey, 2 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon and ½ tbsp sea salt. Mix together thoroughly.
- Add ½ cup chia seeds to wet mixture and stir.
- Mix in 2 cups ground almonds and ½ cup ground flax seed.
- Add old fashioned oats 1 cup at a time, mixing between each set till you’ve reached 5 cups of oats. Make sure all oats are coated.
- Cover 2 trays with parchment paper.
- Spread your granola mixture evenly between both trays. Cook for 45 minutes at 300°F or until golden brown
- Once golden brown allow to cool completely before breaking into clusters.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of raisins over granola.
- Store in a seal tight container.