November means it's time to get in gear for the holiday season. And for this mama that means it's totally time to get cooking. So get ready because I've got lots of fun recipes coming your way over the next two months.
Let's kick off the season with some Pumpkin! Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins to be exact. A perfect treat to get you in the holiday spirit! Extra bonus...no added sugar here!
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F
- Combine 1/2 cup coconut oil and 1/2 cup maple syrup together until smooth.
- Add eggs one egg at a time and whisk together.
- Whisk in pumpkin puree and 1 tsp vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine 1 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 2 tsp cinnamon and 1 3/4 cups of flour.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet.
- Once completely mixed together add in the chocolate chips.
- Spray the muffin trays to prevent sticking and add the mixture in.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean!