Potatoes. Onion. Sour Cream. Salt. Besides the fact that I just might gain 5 pounds from eating the whole batch, what's not to love about these? Let me warn you in advance to ONLY make these when you're planning to give some out & are ok with your entire house smelling like these bad boys!
- 8 medium potatoes | ground
- 1 large or 2 medium onions | ground
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- vegetable shortening (crisco)
- sour cream
- apple sauce
- Cut the potatoes & onions into small enough pieces to grind.
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Grind potatoes & onions add egg & flour to mixture.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- With a large spoon, scoop mixture into hot grease.
- Flip on both sides till gold brown.
- Good with sour cream, apple sauce or just plain!