For this week's peanut butter recipe I've teamed up with a good friend of mine, Gladys from the mother overload to share a rad recipe she's created to make with you and your little(s). I'll warn you, these bars are addicting and my dudes seriously can't get enough of them. For the peanut butter needed in this recipe I encourage you to pick up some Crazy Richard's Peanut Butter. Remember, they are donating 10% of all profits for the next two months to help stop childhood hunger. So you can make these delicious treats and support a good cause all at the same time!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3-1/2 cup Organic Honey
- 3 cups Cheerios or O's or some form of cereal
- 1 tsp Flax Seeds
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- *Hemp Seeds are a great addition as well
- Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Parents, combine peanut butter & honey in a large saucepan and set over medium heat. Heat until mixture just starts to simmer, about 2-3 minutes, stirring. Remove from heat and stir until mixture is well-combined. Let it cool down. Have the kids add in chia and flax seeds to the PB/honey mix.
- Place cereal into bowl. Fold in the PB, honey and seeds mix until evenly coated. Pour mixture into prepared pan, cover with parchment, and press firmly. Note: A roller will help to firmly and evenly pack down the mixture so the bars hold their shape. Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour. Cut into squares and serve.