Sweet treats go like crazy in this house. I am pretty sure if I made or bought them more they still wouldn't last. M loves them. E loves them. And after two pregnancies, even this mama is having a hard time saying no to them. So I've started to experiment with baking and sugars I put into the sweet treats I make. I didn't want to leave you all out on my experiment's so here's the latest one we made.
- 1 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup agave
- 3/4 cup raisins
- preheat over 350°F
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper to prevent the cookies from sticking!
- In a medium size bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix together well.
- Now in a larger bowl combine 2 tbsp coconut oil and 1/2 cup of agave and blend together. I like to use a hand mixer to make sure it is extra smooth!
- Blend in 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla until smooth.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet. Stir until everything is well mixed together.
- Add in 3/4 cup of raisins to the cookie mixture.
- Spoon out cookies onto baking sheet.
- Cook for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.