It’s Thursday. Thanksgiving is a week away. And it’s my birthday weekend🎉 So why not celebrate with one of my seasonal favorites, mulled wine! This recipe is perfect for the holiday season. And even better, I got this rad mulled wine brewing kit from cooking gift set co. which is perfect for holiday gifting. It comes backed with nine aromatic warm spices and three recipes. But let's be real here you know this foodie had to try out her own creation. So here you go. My version of a European tradition 🍷🍷🍷
- 2 (750 ml) bottle red wine (Italian red I used Chianti)
- 3 cups fresh apple cider or apple juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tbsp orange peels
- 7 whole cloves
- 5 all spiced berries
- 3 cardamon pods
- 3 anise stars
- ½ cup brandy or bourbon (I used bourbon...it's Michael's go to drink)
- oranges, ground cinnamon, cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Add 2 bottles of red wine, 3 cups of apple cider or juice and 3 cinnamon sticks to saucepan.
- Add spice to the satchel, 1 tbsp orange peels, 7 whole cloves, 5 all spiced berries, 3 cardamon pods and 3 anise stars and pull strings closed.
- Place satchel in saucepan.
- Cook on low for 20-30 minutes at max. Make sure the wine does not boil!
- Add ½ cup brandy to wine.
- Ready to serve. You can garnish with a cinnamon stick and orange slice if you want to get fancy. I like to sprinkle some ground cinnamon on top too!