I can't say enough about shopping local and supporting local. Living local everywhere we go is something Michael and I truly believe in! When we moved to Michigan we searched for a local market...one that provided all of the local goodness we craved.
Let me tell you how happy we are to have a brand new Busch’s Fresh Food Market close by. Each Busch's is a neighborhood grocery store that lets you eat and shop local. Hello AMAZING!
This past week Busch’s Fresh Food Market had their grand opening in Canton, which is right next door to the neighborhood we live in! So here's what you all need to do...sign up for the MyWay program! When you are a MyWay member you receive members only coupons, exclusive sale items, invitations to special events, online shopping & curbside pickup & you get to support local schools through Cash for Education 🙌 As if that's not enough you get a chance to win free groceries at the new location! Yes you just read that right FREE groceries.
So now that I have told you why I love this store oh so much let me tell you one more thing! They are a family owned company and everything I've put together in this recipe for you is fresh, local and bought at Busch's😊
High Protein Broccoli and Sausage Pasta Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head of broccoli | chopped into bite size pieces
- 4 sausage links | out of the casing
- 1 box of Banza Rotini made from chickpeas
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- salt & pepper | to taste
- red pepper flakes | to taste
- parmesan cheese | to taste
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Saute broccoli for about 3 to 5 minutes, until you get a bright green color. Season with salt & pepper. Transfer back into bowl and save for later.
- In the same skillet add the 4 sausage links outside of their casings. Make sure to stir to break apart sausage.
- While sausage is cooking cook the high protein pasta.
- Once the sausage is fully cooked add broccoli back into the skillet and mix together.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet and stir in 3 tbsp of pesto.
- To help bind the pasta together add 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Stir everything together and you're ready to serve.
- Top with red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese to taste!