This might be the easiest recipe I've ever posted. And although I didn't make the dressing, I did add lemon to it...so that counts right? The croutons are homemade, but trust me they are so easy. Enjoy this easy side or add chicken or salmon to make it a full meal.
- 1 bunch of kale
- caesar dressing
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic | chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 slices Italian bread | cubed
- Tear kale into tiny pieces and sprinkle 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese over in a large serving bowl.
- Over medium high heat add 2 tbsp olive oil & 4 cloves chopped garlic for about 30 seconds till fragrant.
- Turn heat down to low and add cubed Italian bread. Make sure to coat the bread with the olive oil. Add additional oil if not all cubes are coated.
- Cover pan and let cook for about 15-20 minutes or until croutons are crunchy. Make sure to stir occasionally, you don't want burnt bread!
- Let croutons cool for about 5 minutes. Top the salad.
- For dressing I use caesar dressing 2 tbsp and 1/2 lemon juice. Whisk the two together and serve.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste!