I've been so intrigued by this whole weekly deliveries of fresh ingredients with a recipe straight to your doorstep kinda thing. How hard was this? Was I going to like what they sent me? Is it better than creating my own menu? Just a few of the questions I found myself asking. So last week we gave three meals a try from hello fresh. I've broke it down into pros and cons of the service to give you an idea of my experience.
- Your meal plan comes right to your doorstep!
- You don't have to stress about what you are making for dinner.
- Everything comes packaged and ready to make.
- It makes cooking with littles so easy (and fun)!
- The directions are easy to follow.
- Makes meal time stress free.
- All meals we had were fast and easy to make...even with a toddler hanging on your leg and the other wanting to help out with every step.
- The food was tasty!
- You're relying on a delivery so if it comes late you could have some dinner problems.
- You don't get to pick the meals you are making.
- If you're making a meal for 4 sometimes it's hard to tell if they want you to double the ingredients for what you need to add.
So, overall you can see the pros clearly out weighed the cons. My biggest complaint honestly had nothing to do with hello fresh, it was that the delivery came later than it was intended to, which put me in a bind for what to make for dinner. Good thing this mama always has backup plans! My favorite part was how easy this was to make. Every night Enzo loved helping make dinner and because everything is already portioned out it made life so simple! I think this mama will be adding some of this into rotation from week to week.