Let's start our mornings with a bang! This Mexican inspired breakfast is one of my go to weekend favorites, and depending on the morning craziness in our house I sometimes pull it together on a week day! Maybe it's because I seriously love all the flavors of a breakfast burrito and this one has it all without the shell...hello I'm saving you a little on the carbs😉
- 1/4 lb chorizo (we use chicken or soy chorizo)
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 red onion | diced
- 1/2 chipotle pepper | diced
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 lime
- 3 garlic cloves | chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro | chopped
- 1 Avocado | slices
- In a small skillet heat the chorizo, making sure to break apart into crumbles, for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Once cooked, cover and remove pan from heat.
- Heat 2 tsp of avocado oil in a separate pan over medium-high heat. sauté onions and chipotle pepper for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in beans, 1/2 of the lime (juice), 3 garlic cloves, 1 can of diced tomatoes and 1 tsp cumin. Mix together and let cook till beans are fully heated. With a hand masher lightly mash the beans.
- Make 4 sunny side up eggs to top!
- On plates divide bean mixtures and chorizo. Top each plate with eggs and sprinkle cilantro and salt and pepper.
- Add lime wedges, avocado slices and salsa to the side!