I've always had a taste for all things salty. And now that I had kids I've developed a major sweet tooth problem! I thought you were supposed to be one or the other...not a lover of all the above. So naturally I have been searching for ways to combine them. This recipe does just that & the added bonus is that this recipe contains ONLY natural sugar...makes everything better, right!
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour 1/2 cup organic flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 stick butter | soften at room temp
- 2/3 cup agave nectar
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 9 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup oats
- sea salt to top cookies
- Preheat oven 350°F
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together all dry ingredients: 1 1/4 cup of almond flour, 1/2 cup of organic flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp kosher salt & 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- In a mixer, mix together 1 stick butter, 2/3 cup agave nectar & 2/3 cup maple syrup. Mix on high for about 3-5 minutes or until the butter is fully mixed with the sugars!
- Turn down to medium speed and beat in 2 eggs.
- Add 2 tsp of vanilla to mixture.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet.
- Once flour mixture is combined, take the bowl off the mixer and stir in 1 1/4 cup of oats and 9 oz dark chocolate chips.
- With a tablespoon or a small ice cream scoop, spoon dough onto baking sheets.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes,z depending how crispy you'd like them.
- Once done cooking immediately sprinkle with sea salt. Otherwise the salt won't stick.
- Let cookies start to cook on tray and then move to cooking rack or counter.