Breakfast is a busy time in our household. I feel like we are all over the place in the morning trying to get ready for the day ahead. Having our breakfast pre-planned seems to make life in our home so much simpler.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of himalayan sea salt
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp almond/walnut mixture
- Over medium heat warm 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Add 1 tsp maple syrup, 1 tsp cinnamon, pinch of salt and 1 cup of grated carrots.
- Sauté until the carrots caramelize for about 5 minutes.
- Pour 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk into your pot and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 cup rolled oats and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with 2 tbsp raisins and 2 tbsp almond/walnut mixture.