Grilling season is in full force. We love to mix up what we grill, and this time of year is pork chop season. They always seem to go on sale around us! We love making them extra spicy with this cajun rub and add some pineapple salsa for a fun summer twist!
PORK CHOP RUB
- 1 lb pork chop
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 pineapple | chopped
- 1 red pepper | chopped
- 1 orange pepper | chopped
- 1/2 red onion | chopped
- 1 jalapeño | chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro | chopped
- 1/2 lime juice
- In a small bowl combine 2 tsp cajun seasoning and 1 tsp paprika.
- Rub seasoning on both sides of pork.
- Allow pork to sit out for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Grill for 6-8 minutes, flipping sides in between.
- Serve with salsa
- For all the salsa chopping I like to use my kitchen aid hand blender with the food chopper attachment. You guys, this is seriously a life saver when it comes to chopping (and they're not paying me to say that)!
- Chop the pineapple, red pepper, orange pepper, red onion and jalapeño. Mix together in a bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp cilantro and 1/2 lime juice. Stir together and let sit in fridge.
ps...the left over salsa is good for 3-5 days in your fridge in a sealed container.