Ever since having kids I just can't kick the sweet treat craving. So I am always trying to find ways to create sweet treats that are healthier than store bought. This week I am sharing a recipe that not only has very little natural sweets, but also no eggs.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 prepared flax eggs | ( 1 tbsp ground flax to 3 tbsp water per egg)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat over 350°F
- Start by making the prepared flax eggs. Put 2 tbsp ground flax and 6 tbsp water in a small bowl. Whisk together and let sit in your refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- While you wait, get all other ingredients ready and into a large bowl.
- Line 2 cookie trays with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together including your flax eggs.
- Scoop out cookie mixture onto your trays.
- Use a fork to make a fun design - push fork down in each direction!
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
These peanut butter cookies are going to come out light and soft, not crispy.