I love breakfast! And all too often I get caught up in the craziness of the morning that breakfast isn't as big as I'd like it to be. So I've been working hard to create more breakfast staples for my crew. This recipe has my heart because I actually made the flour out of oatmeal oats we had...it's so freakin' easy you guys! Plus it has blueberries, lemon & a crumble!!!
- 2 tbsp agave
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup greek lemon yogurt
- 1 cup blueberry
- 1/2 cup squash | puree
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup flax seed | grounded 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 5 tbsp oat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
preheat oven 350°F
- Let's start with making the oat flour, in case you don't buy it or if you're like me and need to make it at the last minute! All you need is a coffee grinder and some oats. Simply fill the coffee grinder with oats and let the grinder do its job! You'll have oat flour in a matter of seconds.
- You also need about one medium size squash to puree down. I steam the squash and then just puree it in the food processor or baby food maker!
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients: 2 cups of oat flour, 1/4 cup tapioca flour, 1/4 cup flax seed, 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix together well.
- Add 1 egg and 2 egg whites to dry mixture and whisk together.
- In a medium bowl add 2 tbsp agave, 3 tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 cup of greek lemon yogurt, 1/2 cup of squash puree, 2 tsp lemon extract and 1 tsp lemon zest. Stir all ingredients until combined.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix well.
- Mix in 1 cup of blueberries.
- As for the muffin tins you've got two options: spray the tin with nonstick spray or add cupcake holders. I went for the spray. Less work when consuming!
- Add mixture into cupcake tins.
- Now let's make the crumble.
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl. Continue stirring until a crumble forms.
- Top each muffin with the crumble.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.