Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin! Who doesn’t love them some pumpkin when it comes fall! Ok, I know there are people out there that don’t love pumpkin, but clearly I’m not that girl. Just being basic over here and all fall! So this week I’ve got something super special for you. A recipe you can of course make with your kids or all by yourself, and the best part…it goes in the slow cooker and makes your house smell ridiculously AMAZING!!!!
So here you have it. And just in case one pumpkin recipe isn’t enough I went ahead and partnered with some really rad bloggers to give you 6 more pumpkin recipes you need to try. I’ve linked them all for you below!
Pumpkin And Ricotta Stuffed Shells - Motherhood in Stilettos
Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies - Lazy Moms Blog
Pumpkin Spice French Toast - Amidst The Chaos
Mini Pumpkin Pies - Honeysuckle Blog
Pumpkin Bread With Brown Sugar Topping - Mom Beyond Mom
No-Bake Protein Pumpkin Apple Pie Bites - The Mother Overload
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 1/2 cups flour (I like whole wheat)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt (you can use just salt or sea salt, I prefer the Himalayan flavor)
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk **(see notes to make your own)
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder (we like 1st Phorm)
- 1tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 tbsp powder sugar
- Let’s start this off right - you need at least a 6 quart slow cooker, oval style, to make this work or one that’s 13x9 inches, casserole style.
- Line the slow cooker with parchment paper. I like to make it go up the sides just a little.
- In a large bowl add 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp salt. Mix together.
- Add 5 tbsp butter, use two butter knives and cut cut cut that butter until it becomes pea size.
- Add in 1/2 cup buttermilk and 1 can pumpkin and mix together to make the dough.
- Set aside as you make the filling.
- In a small bowl add 1/4 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder, 1 tbsp of pumpkin pie spice and mix together.
- On the counter sprinkle flour. Take your dough and sprinkle flour over it to help prevent it from sticking all over you.
- With your hands, make the dough into a 15x10 inch rectangle (or as close as you can get it).
- Pour melted butter over dough and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle your filling on top of the butter. Be careful to not go all the way to the sides otherwise it will fall out when you roll.
- Take one side of the dough and begin to tightly roll the dough into a log shape.
- Once rolled, tuck in the two sides.
- Cut the cinnamon roll into 10 pieces and place inside slow cooker.
- Cook on high for two hours.
- Let cool on counter by pulling the rolls out with the parchment paper.
- While rolls cool make the frosting.
- Put all frosting ingredients in a small bowl and mix together with a hand mixer till smooth.
- Drizzle over rolls!
**BONUS How to make your own buttermilk: one cup of milk and 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon, which is about a half a lemon. Stir and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before using!