If there’s one thing I love almost as much as food it's decorating! Holiday decorating makes my heart skip a beat. Since having kids setting tables for the holiday has changed just a little, which is a great challenge for me. I want to make sure to keep the table aesthetically pleasing for everyone but additional fun for the kids. We don't want to make "don't touch" table settings when kids are involved. Here are a few tips I keep in mind when setting the table for the holiday.
- Make sure you've got kids plates that are just right for the age of your kids.
- Always have soft decor right in front of the kids. My go to is felt pieces.
- Be open to letting your kids explore the table. A hands-on table allows for some interesting conversations and even longer time at the table.
- Don't be afraid to add layers to your decorating. But make sure to leave space for the actual food! Or at least be able to move the decor around easily for food!
- Do what makes you happy. Thats what I love about decorating. There really are no true rules.