I've been on a breakfast kick lately, constantly searching for new ideas. I get tired of the same old thing over and over again. So of course I go to my favorite, experimenting with granola! I'm kinda obsessed with coconut lately, if you couldn't tell. I hope you enjoy my newest creation.
- 4 1/2 cups steal cut oats
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp salt | kosher
- 1 1/2 pecan nuts | crushed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded coconut
preheat oven 300°F
- In a pot over medium heat melt and combine 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cup honey, 2 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp kosher salt and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Once combined, slowly add dry ingredients leaving the shredded coconut out.
- I just add everything to the pot and turn the heat to low. I start with the seeds and nuts and end with the steal cut oats.
- When everything is coated, line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and spread mixture evenly between the two sheets. Making sure to press down the mixture.
- Cook for 40 minutes. Then pull sheets out and top with 1 cup shredded coconut. Put back into the oven for about 1-2 minutes till coconut is toasted. Keep a close eye on these guys, they burn quickly!
- Let cool completely about 20 minutes. Break granola into small chunks and store into air tight jars.