Avocado toast seems to be on every brunch menu in the country...well for the most part at least. And it is delicious everywhere you go. With it being so simple I wanted to share our avocado toast recipe.
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Garlic salt or powder
- Parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 slices flourless whole wheat berry bread | we use trader joe's sprouted flourless bread
- Cut the avocado in half. Scoop into a small bowl and smash with a fork.
- Toast the bread.
- Brush the olive oil on two slices of bread.
- Divide the avocado between the two slices of toast.
- Sprinkle garlic salt or powder over the toast.
- Confetti the toast with red pepper flakes to taste.
- Top with parmigiano-reggiano cheese.