It's interesting how life can get so busy that the one you're closest with sometimes become the one you speak to the least. Wait, does that even make sense?!? Not that you sit in silence with them, you're just busy doing life together that communicating between each other about each other isn't top priority. Life happens, I totally get it. It's the season of life we're in right now. But damnit, I want to talk to him & feel like we've got time for each other.
M and I make it a priority to keep the conversation going in our house. The conversations about us: our needs, wants and ways to make our relationship top priority in our oh so busy life right now! Here's a few tricks we find work best for us.
- Night time chats: We all get the time after the kids go to bed to talk to each other. I completely get how it's easy to get caught up in watching a favorite show together, leaving not much time to talk. So don't worry I've got a few more options for you!
- Talking about the not so fun stuff: Things that have been bothering you...such as the budget, bills, etc. You've got to know what's going on in your life together, and although not all these conversations are fun you need to have them. Building that shit up works for nobody!
- Talking about the fun stuff: You feel me on this one! Make sure you two are on the same page and both your needs are being met!
- Time out together: Just the two if you. You know we are passionate about this. Remember this post just a few weeks back?!?
- Bed time chatter: I love this time. It's perfect to have any form of conversation you want. The best part is they're already in bed with you!