Yes, I am well aware people do this all the time. But that doesn’t mean that we all don’t worry that we’re going to have the kid who throws a tantrum on the plane and everyone just stares at you. Your heart races as you attempt to stay calm yourself and try your best to console your little one. We have found it’s best to be prepared before any travel. Here’s a list of some neat tricks that have worked for us and our busy little men!
- Stickers. Everyone loves them! Including the grumpy neighbor next to you ;) or the other screaming toddler. Pack them in a zip-lock bag with lots of options for entertainment. Stick the stickers to paper, feet, hands, shirt or your faces! Zo & Zig love playing with the sticky part and copying our motions. Zig really gets a kick when he can pull off a sticker all by himself.
- Tablet & Headphones. We use an iPad and Beats by Dr. Dre headphones for Zo. We actually had to purchase a new pair of SONY headphones for Zo because he stepped on the others and they broke…no biggie tho. These can be utilized for many things like movies, games, drawing, songs, and my favorite educational apps.
- Toys. This time around we went with three basics: trucks, melissa & doug water coloring set and LEGO’s. Simple easy entertainment.
- A lovey. Everyone needs something that will comfort them. Plus, we all know napping on the plane is the best!
- Books. And lots of them. Or at least as many as you can fit in your bag. This is an easy go to, to help calm both boys down. Plus, it’s part of our daily routine.
- Food. If all else fails turn to food. We like to pack a goodie bag full of special snacks just for the boys. Although Michael does sometimes get his hands on them too!
- Once we have everything planned out, zip-lock bags is the next step. Putting everything into easy to reach bags makes life so much easier with a squirmy toddler on your lap.
We also have a small zippered clutch that we’ve turned into a diaper carrier. This makes life super easy. It allows for Michael or myself to change Zig without having to take a massive bag with.
Do you have favorite travel tips? I’d love hear them. Just comment below!