Reading to your children is beyond important! Not only are you introducing your children to literature, you are able to bring new vocabulary, experience and imagination to your child's life...why not read to them everyday?!? I totally get it, your busy and it doesn't always fit into the schedule. I've been there, so I developed some easy ways to help reading happen daily.
- Create a routine: this is the easiest way to add reading to your schedule. Pick a time everyday you can read together and stick with it!
- Find books your children are interested in: as your little gets older - say 2 - we all know those personalities start to shine. Picking books that they have interest in is key! This helps promote a love for reading.
- Pick books that fit their attention span: we all know you can't read a book that has lots and lots of words...even brown bear can be too long to start. Keep it short and simple.
- Have books in multiple rooms: no need to keep books in just one spot. This makes it easy to pick up books anywhere you're at and read.
- Bring books with you: having books in the car is the perfect way to add more time with books! Your little can start with picture reading...the first type of reading! Plus you can bring them out and about for down time.
I am always on the hunt for new books! I am so excited to share a new favorite series Kitchen Club Kids! This series comes with two adorable books End of the Rainbow Fruit Salad and Garden Safari Vegetable Soup! Both books have an endless amount of learning opportunities from the rhyming words and the colorful illustrations to the counting of ingredients and recipe building! These books are where it's at. E and I have already read them multiple times and he seriously can't wait to make the recipe in the back of the books! So naturally we are going to make them together. Don't worry I won't leave you guys out on the fun. I plan to share the fun adventure these books take our family on too!
And because I love you all so much and Kitchen Club Kids is so rad I have a set of these books as a giveaway for one of my lucky readers! To enter, subscribe to my newsletter below or check out my post on Instagram featuring Kitchen Club Kids. For an additional way to enter, 'like' Kitchen Club kids on Facebook & follow them on Twitter. The winner will be announced on Friday, May 27, 2016.