I swear if I made a list before I became a parent and wrote down things I would NEVER do when I became a parent, I would pretty much be able to check every single one off this list. Yep, I think I have broke every rule I've ever set. Any list I've made can go out the window. Parenting is hard! Why didn't anyone warn me?!? I mean come on, I've worked with children my entire career. I am good with kids. This is my thing! Maybe I didn't get the memo that it's WAY harder when you're a MOM!
So I've come to the conclusion that it's absolutely okay to bribe your children. Actually I think it's more of a necessity to surviving parenthood. Bribery and parenting pretty much go hand in hand. If done right, any task can become manageable and accomplished...yup, I just wrote that!
So here I find myself doing something I said I would never do. Here's my short list for you:
1. Talk with other parents you trust - You know what I mean, the ones that are going to tell you how it is in theie house.
2. Use bribery when you really need it - Don't get me wrong, there are days when we use bribery more than we'd like to admit. But keeping it for times when we really need it seems to work so much better.
3. Find a group of friends that have kids too - This can become your life support in the difficult times.
4. Use bribes that are easy - By easy I mean easy to fulfill and easy to do. You know, things that can happen right way. We are talking about dealing with a toddler.
5. Sweet treats - Yes, I said that. I swear it works magic in our house. So I've found these amazing XyloBurst Sugar Free Lollipops with Xylitol. You guys, these are amazing & make me feel way better about giving Zo lollipops!
Hoping my secrets shed a little light on your parenting too. I'd love to hear your secrets too!