Prior to becoming a mama I thought I worried...haha! Looking back I literally didn't know what worrying looked like till you had your heart living outside your body! On top of worrying more I am also finding myself spread thinner and thinner than ever before. I want to do everything for everyone in my family...can you relate to me? Here's a small list I have found to personally make me a happier and some what less stressed mama!
- Get up early. Yes, I mean before you have to start to get ready. Giving yourself some "you time" first thing in the morning before the craziness of the day starts helps to mentally prepare you for the task ahead! You might even get to enjoy one cup of coffee that you don't have to reheat!
- Make me time. You read that right. Make time for you. I can promise you I am awful at this. I am still working on making me time. But I've found going to yoga two days a week and even getting my nails done counts for me time. Now just working in magazine time, wine and girlfriends to the mix and this mama's one happy lady! Oh, and shopping, I always can use more alone shopping time...even just to target (insert monkey covering eyes emoji)!
- Stay calm. I know how hard it is to stay calm in the heat of situations with toddlers. But honestly, does getting upset really help the situation? For us it never does. I only find myself more upset and less productive. Remaining calm helps every situation, especially my blood pressure!
- Unplug. Put down the phone! I know that sounds like a no brainer, right? But sometimes we all know when you've got to plug your phone in before 2:30 you're not "adulting" right!
- Get down to their level. Yes, literally get down at their level and play. Plus, trying to think like your little, I know it sounds a little strange, but it really helps! I think when I am thinking like them I'm truly able to accomplish so much more!
- Stop judging. Really, you've got to stop judging other parents. We all know we've had a bad moment in parenting. We can only hope that bad moment is not in public. You never know what others have going on in their life.
- Stop comparing. Your little is your little, and they aren't going to be able to do all of the things the next little can do. So don't size them up! Let them develop and encourage them along the way, it's ok if your little can't do it all...neither can you!
- Encourage other mamas. We are here to support each other. I love the saying "it takes a village". Working with other mamas only helps to build each other up in the most challenging task we've ever set out to tackle.
- Slow down. Cuddle them. Hold them. Stop and play with them. They are only little for so long. I know I'm going to miss this time when my dudes are bigger. Trying my best every day to live in the now and just slow down.
Alright mamas, these are my 9 best tips for the moment. Now, if I can just stick to listening to them too we can all be happier, less stressed mamas together. Have any more tips? I'd love to hear those too!