Wow! How did this happen?!? The 4th of July is just around the corner and I feel like it was New Years yesterday. It's clearly time to start thinking about some ways to get in red, white and blue mode!
Not sure what to wear? Don't worry I've got you covered on that…just check out this post from last year (yup, still on trend). Or looking for a way to cool down, I've got you covered on that too, check out these red, white and blue popsicles, sure to be a crowd pleaser at your picnic or BBQ.
But let's make sure that you've got the day started off in the right red, white and blue spirit with this delicious peanut butter berry bake!
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk unsweetened
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Crazy Richards Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 3 cups oats
- 2 tbsp chia seed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- greek yogurt
- sliced strawberries
Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a medium bowl combine all wet ingredients: 1/2 cup of egg whites, 1/2 cup of apple sauce, 1 1/2 cups of vanilla almond milk unsweetened, 1 tbsp of vanilla extract, 1/2 cup of Crazy Richards Crunchy Peanut Butter and 1 1/2 tbsp honey. Mix together well and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients: 3 cups of oats, 2 tbsp of chia seed, 2 tsp of baking powder and 1 tbsp of cinnamon. Mix together well.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry and stir together.
- Add 1 cup of blueberries and 1 cup of strawberries to the mixture. I like to leave a few out to press into the top of the cake so the cake looks pretty!
- Spray a 9x9 square pan and pour mixture into pan.
- Bake for 65 minutes to an 80 minutes or until center is fully cooked.
- Let cake cook completely before cutting or it will all fall apart.
- Top with greek yogurt, sliced strawberries and blueberries to give you that pretty red, white and blue finish!