Breakfast is important. We all know that. Let's be honest, finding time for breakfast in the morning can be difficult with all the activity going on. We have found having a breakfast plan works best and this is an "easy to make ahead of time and store" breakfast plan.
- 2 cups frozen berries (we use the organic costco mix berries)
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp apple juice (not from concentrate)
- Put 2 cups of frozen berries, 4 tbsp water and 2 tbsp apple juice into a pot and stir together on medium high heat.
- Continue to stir until the berries have started to defrost and the liquid has come to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn burners down to medium and stir occasionally to prevent the berry mixture from burning.
- Cook until thick, about 12-15 minutes depending on the liquid.
- You can serve hot or store in an air tight container.
- We serve with a 1/2 cup greek yogurt and top with the fruit blend & our favorite 2 tbsp sea salt honey almond granola.