With easter right around the corner I know many of you will have hard boiled eggs in your fridge. E could not wait to 'paint' his eggs this year. So we've got a ton of eggs in our fridge at home! To keep our fridge from smelling like eggs we packed them in a sealed plastic container. And since hard boiled eggs are good for about a week we had to come up with some ways to use these bad boys up! Deviled eggs are one of M's favorites and this year we've added some prosciutto and horseradish to give extra flavor! Trust me, even if you don't love horseradish you'll still love these.
- 6 hard boiled eggs | peeled and cut length wise
- 3 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp prepared horseradish
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 Prosciutto slices | crumbled
- Boil 6 eggs for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl put lots of ice. Once the eggs are done boiling, carefully pour water and eggs into your bowl of ice to cool.
- When eggs have cooled completely, cut in half lengthwise.
- Cook 3 pieces of prosciutto at 450°F for about 7 minutes.
- Scoop the yolk out and place into a small bowl.
- With a fork smash the egg yolks as much as possible.
- Add 3 tbsp plain greek yogurt, 2 tsp dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp prepared horseradish and stir.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- In a pastry bag place the egg mixture and squeeze into egg white shell.
- Sprinkle with prosciutto crumbles.